How far do I have to cycle?
We’re asking you and your team to cycle as many kilometres as you can during the week to have a chance of winning the Ride Now 2022 title. Plan how far you are aiming to cycle based on your ability and schedule. From budding bikers to champion cyclists – you’re all welcome, wherever you take part.
When does it start?
The race starts at 6am on Monday 9 May and will end promptly at 6pm on Sunday 15 May. Any rides logged before or after this won’t be counted.
How will I be able to cycle?
In any way that works for you! Take to the streets with your bike, cycle away on a static bike at home or, rack up your kilometres in the gym, we can even loan static bikes to companies to host in their office. Just make sure you track how far you go on Strava.
How will the teams work?
Get up to ten of your colleagues together and cycle as far as you can in a week, wherever you are. Make sure to connect your individual fundraising page to your team's page so that all your fundraising and kilometres cycled are combined for your team’s totals.
There’s no maximum to the number of teams one company can enter and everyone can get involved, even if they aren’t cycling, by fundraising for your team total
I am a team leader, how do I set up my team’s page?
You can either create your team during the setup of your individual page or:
- Once you’ve made your individual page, in the bottom left of the page select the option to ‘edit page’.
- A pop up should appear. Select ‘TEAM’ from the left hand column, then select ‘Create Team’.
- Here you can fill out the form with your team name, team fundraising target and a short description of who you are.
Make sure to include the name of your company in your team name so everyone knows who you’re cycling for!
I’m a team member, how do I find my team page?
You can either join your team by using the search function when you create your individual page or:
- Once you have created your individual page, in the bottom left of the page select the option to ‘edit page’
- A pop up should appear, select ‘TEAM’ from the left hand column and select ‘Join Team’
- Use the search bar to find your team and select to join
What are the prize categories?
Ride Now 2022 Champion. We’ll crown our champion team with highest combined distance and fundraising totals. As a special reward, each team member will receive a Breast Cancer Now cycling jersey and medal.
Pink Jersey Winners. Choose to represent either the male or female category and whoever cycles the furthest distance over the week in each group will receive a Breast Cancer Now pink cycling jersey and digital medal. In the event of a tie, we’ll take your fundraising into account.
Go the distance award. The team of that cycles the furthest over the seven days will receive a certificate
Star fundraising team. The team that raises the most for Breast Cancer Now’s vital research and care will be awarded with a certificate.
How can I take part if I don’t have access to a bike at home?
TRACKING YOUR DISTANCE
How do I log my distance on my JustGiving page?
Track your distance travelled using Strava (a free, easy to use app), which can be directly linked to your fundraising page. Here’s how:
- First, make sure you’re logged out of your Strava account on your web browser.
- Log in to the Ride Now website then select ‘view page’. This will take you to your Ride Now fundraising page.
- At the bottom of the page, click on "edit page". • You will now see a selection of options, click on "fitness".
- Click on the Strava button, then sign into Strava with your login details for your personal Strava account.
- Authorise the website to connect your fundraising page to your Strava account.
- As you complete your fitness activities on Strava, this will now automatically appear on your fundraising page.
- You can add data from Monday 9 up to the 6pm deadline on Sunday 15 May.
Check out this quick guide for more information.
You can also manually add data by clicking the ‘log fitness’ button on your fundraising page, from Monday 9 May up until the 6pm deadline on Sunday 15 May.
I’m having issues connecting my page to Strava. What should I do?
Just email email@example.com and they will be able to help.
Is there a registration fee?
Nope- it’s free to sign up!
Is there a fundraising target?
As fundraising is a crucial part of the Ride Now competition, we’re encouraging teams to raise as much as possible. We’re suggesting £1,500 per team as a target to aim for.
Our Ride Now 2022 Champions will be crowned based on the team with the highest combined distance and fundraising totals.
What are your fundraising tips?
There are plenty of ways your team can fundraise, and we’ve put together a couple of our favourite ideas for you:
- Share your JustGiving page with friends and family and ask them to donate. The more you share your reason for taking part the more likely people are to give!
- Use our resources page for exciting sweepstakes, fundraising tips and more
- Boost your total by holding some additional fundraising events. Ask your colleagues to show their support by fundraising virtually or in the office, and adding it to your team’s total.
- Set yourself an additional challenge by encouraging sponsorship with pledges if you reach your targets. Promise to cycle in costume, maybe wax your legs to become more aerodynamic or even take an ice bath after you cycle (with pictures to prove it)!
- Invite friends and colleagues to guess your distance using our sweepstake sheet.
Can I download any fundraising materials?
You can access more branded fundraising materials on our resources page